Over the last 12 weeks we have been journeying with Jesus – it has been quite a ride, and we have seen and heard some extraordinary things:
- We have seen him as he resolutely set out for Jerusalem, heading towards rejection and a cross, with a promise of resurrection.
- We have seen him send out those who were following him to be his ambassadors sharing a blessed message.
- We have heard him challenge us to the depths of our heart with a story about a Samaritan which called us to love in action which reflected his sacrificial love for us.
- We have seen him affirm the importance of sitting at his feet and listening, and speaking to his Father (who knows what we need) in prayer.
- We have heard him warn of the danger of a house divided, and assure of the victory he has over evil.
- We have seen him point to himself as the true sign and the true light, and challenge us to get lit.
- We have heard him condemn religious hypocrisy and comfort those who will take comfort in him.
- We have heard him challenge us deeply about what we are really rich toward, and comfort us when we are generous for his sake.
- We have heard him call us to readiness because we don’t know when the master of the house will arrive, and tell us how to be ready through repentance.
- We have seen the compassionate Lord and King heal and proclaim the future of his kingdom.
- We have heard him speak of the breadth of his kingdom (broad enough for all, yes all), and the narrowness of the door (the one way to enter).
We are pausing in the journey now – we plan to take to the road with him again next year. Feel free to catch up on, or revisit, any of those moments we have spent with him in the last couple of months.